Go Go Quincy
- track expenses
- get reminded of upcoming renewals
- invite others to your personal dashboard
Go Go Quincy provides 55+ adults with tech support, helping them deal with computers, digital services, and tech devices effortlessly.
Go Go Quincy’s primary goal is to make technology accessible for everyone irrespective of their age. Not only do they give tech assistance to 55+ adults by one click and help them make use of various digital services and platforms, but also enable them to
- track expenses of those services on a biweekly, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- get notified of upcoming renewals of their subscriptions
- invite their family members to their personal dashboard, where they can also keep a track of all the subscriptions and costs.
So, with Go Go Quincy age is no barrier to adapting to new technologies.
The challenge was to rebuild the web application. So, we have not created it from scratch, rather we have worked with already written code trying to revamp the whole project, which is much more challenging.
We refactored and revamped the entire project, making it simpler and fully functional. We ended up converting Node.js to Nest.js, and MongoDB to PostgreSQL. The frontend has been almost completely changed as well.
The development is still in process. We are working on the admin panel. The development team consists of 2 developers (frontend and backend) and a project manager. We have used Scrum to plan, manage and execute the project. We have many sprint planning meetings to come to the best possible tech solutions.
The MVP is perfectly ready and has already been in production for a while. Next step is to develop the admin panel of new subscribing users.